Re: It lives again!

To: "Martin Lucas" <marty7@titan.co.nz>, <lotus-cars@lists1.best.com>,
Subject: Re: It lives again!
From: Rod Bean <rodbean@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 9 May 98 14:26:31 -0800

Hi Martin,

I've done this twisting of Weber shafts quite routinely for years and
have never had a problem.  Normal operation, particularly if it includes
competition of some kind, will often tweak the shafts a little so that
the butterflies on a given carb aern't syncronized any more.

Caution:  When I say "twist", I mean with great judiciosity (as we who
make up words like to say).  That is to say, gently, carefully and not
very much.  I do agree that a shaft which has been *really* twisted,
should be replaced.  All a matter of degree.

Rod