Re: 7 list, Erik Berg's Comments

To: "Chapman Era List" <chapman-era@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: 7 list, Erik Berg's Comments
From: "John Coelho" <jcoelho@ct1.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 1998 23:16:36 -0500
Erik Berg wrote:

>My personal opinion (and this may be controversial, let me know if you
>disagree) is that what we are looking for here is a type of person, not a
>type of car.  How do we attract the right type of person?  That is *my*
>interest...

>Let's hear some more opinions about this!

Fwiw (I'm new here) I think that the attitude exhibited in Erik's comments
will go a long way in attracting the "right type of person". Erik, I agree
with everything you wrote.

I'm interested in technical discussion related to virtually any Chapman era
Lotuses & related cars. I'd like to see the "hero" war stories of the
"There I was, in a four wheel drift in the 7-11 parking lot..." kept to a
minimum. I'd like to see as many "how I found the cause of the gasoline
smell in my Elan" war stories as possible. (Speaking of gas smells in
Elans, I'm hoping that it healed itself during the winter but may need some
ideas in the near future.)

John Coelho, Moody ME