fun with trannys

To: chapman-era@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: fun with trannys
From: Keith Gustafson <gusmach@shore.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 12:19:50 -0400 (EDT)
Thought you folks would find this amusing. Suddenly, with all this
discussion about putting Jap trannys in my Lotus, I lose 3rd gear. It will
go in, but not stay in. grat, another rush fix so I can drive to the LOG. So
I'm thinking, what could I need, shifter forks, hub, synchro. Nope. Turns
out the dash had woked its way out from under its lower retaining bolts[also
chassis/body bolts] and was preventing the lever from going all the way into
3rd. 15 minutes and I'm back to a 4 speed. What, you thought I'd stop
driving it just because I was missing a gear. no way.

Sometimes there are happy endings in Lotusland