[British-cars] Man Owned & Drove Rolls for 82 YEARS

To: <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: [British-cars] Man Owned & Drove Rolls for 82 YEARS
From: <wbeech@flash.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2011 08:25:43 -0700
Some of you probably knew this guy, me being a Triumph owner didn't run in
the same circles.
Bill

Can you imagine having the same car for 82 years!

I guess it was no longer under warranty...

"How Long Have You Owned a Car?"

Mr. Allen Swift ( Springfield , MA.) received this 1928 Rolls-Royce
Picadilly P1 Roadster from his father, brand new - as a graduation gift in
1928.

He drove it up until his death last year.....at the age of 102 !!!

He was the oldest living owner of a car from new.  Just thought you'd like
to see it.

He donated it to a  Springfield museum after his death.

It has 170,000 miles on it, still runs like a Swiss watch,

dead silent at any speed and is in perfect cosmetic condition. (82 years)

That's approximately 2000 miles per year...

Just thought you would find this of interest.

 <http://www.incredimail.com/?id=606432&rui=86888378&sd=20110205> FREE
Animations for your email - by IncrediMail! Click Here!

ATT000171.jpg]

imstp_animation_monkey_en_020908.gif]
British-cars@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html