Re: [British-cars] Austin Hearse Wanted

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, british-cars-pre-war@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: [British-cars] Austin Hearse Wanted
From: <keith.edwards@charter.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 10:02:25 -0400
I have only seen pictures of A135 hearses or ambulances, and they weren't in
the US.

The 1954 Austin Princess Vanden Plas limo that I owned for 20 years has been
For Sale recently in Virginia Beach.  The asking price was around $1,000,000
and the claim was that Winston Churchill had once *owned* the car...  I usually
told the story that Churchill had probably ridden in the car.

Originally purchased by the Lambeth Borough Council (for use of the Lord
Mayor), my Princess was owned by a couple of hearse companies in the late
1950s, according to the original title.

Keith Edwards
Suffolk, VA
~4.5 old British cars

---- rfeibusch1@earthlink.net wrote:
> My old friend Randy has a client who is dying to get into one of these - They
>are pretty rare in the US. They are based on the car that we know as an Austin
>or Van Den Plas "Princess" and usually seen in RHD limousine form, though I
>have seen a few of the shorter wheelbase "Sheerline"sedans.  Sometimes they
>are fitted with Rolls Royce grilles.
>
> Anyone seen one of these???

> From: Randolph Williams
>
> WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE: