[British-cars] MG TD or spitfire MK3?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: [British-cars] MG TD or spitfire MK3?
From: Richard Kleihorst <richard@kleihorst.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 05:41:35 -0700 (PDT)
I am trying to get some practical advise regarding the choice for an MG TD/TC
or spitfire MK3.
Looking for something that brings me to the office on spring/summer/autumn
days
(18km country roads).
Technically, I am capable, have all the tools and most knowledge, did a
ground-up restoration of a spitfire MK3 10 years back, but sadly sold it.
Nowadays, for a good quality TD/TC you pay 2..3 times more than for a Spitfire
MK3. I need a good status one, spending too much time on renovating a house
and yearn for an LBC.
(I do have a PO-Box number, and a separate garage entry to hide checks/cars
from the misses, but still)

I enjoyed the spitfire, but also like the pre-war looks and technology of the
MG TD/TC,
who has experience with both to give me some advice?

Richard, Belgium
British-cars@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $11.47