[British-cars] 1967 MGB + parts for sale - Alameda,

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: [British-cars] 1967 MGB + parts for sale - Alameda,
From: Mike Wilson <mawilson013@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2009 16:28:58 -0800
Hi Folks,

I had posted a question about smog requirements for a 1967 MGB in case
we decided to sell the car, in preparation for moving. I have decided to
sell the car:

1967 MGB. The body, as I remember, is straight. Both doors have the
metal tears from the doors having been opened and closed tby grabbing
the mirrors... The car has been sitting for several years. The
registration is current, in the sense that it is on a certificate of
non-operation. The smog equipment for 1967 included a PCV valve, and the
PCV valve is on the car. The car ran, but there was some knocking under
load. Additionally, it had a tendency to pop out of 2nd gear on
deceleration. And there was a dead spot on the ring gear when starting.
I had bought it several years before from someone at the Palo Alto
British Car meet.

The state of the interior is rough. I don't remember the state of the top.

In addition to the car, the following stuff goes with it: second engine
(maybe the tranny, too) , a number of body panels (definitely the
fenders; I don't remember if I kept the doors or any of the glass), and
I'm pretty sure I also have the rear end. Somewhere I have a new ring
gear that I had bought for it. Finally, we were at a flea market in
SoCal and some guy had a MGB tranny that had SUPPOSEDLY been rebuilt. So
there's an additional tranny that MIGHT be in fresh shape. I don't think
any of them have the overdrive.

I really have no idea what to try to ask for this stuff (it's all or
nothing thing.) and I don't know what sort of effect the economy has had
on the LBC market. I'll ask $3,500 and will entertain counter-offers.

The car is located in Alameda, CA; local sales only. If interested,
email mawilson013@gmail.com or call 510-523-7790 and leave a message,

    Thanks,
Mike Wilson