Re: [British-cars] TR3A Long Island

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [British-cars] TR3A Long Island
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 17:30:17 EDT
In a message dated 8/30/2007 1:54:21 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
tr3driver@ca.rr.com writes:

I'm  certainly no lawyer, but I think you need a second opinion.  Seems to  me
the landlord had an obligation to at least attempt to contact the  rightful
owners of the stuff he sold; and if you can show that he made no  such
effort, you would have recourse against him for  negligence.

More likely the tort of conversion, but you'd have to read the applicable
statute to see what the requirements were.

Nemo dat quod non habet and all that.

Bill S.