Re: Another Question on Pistons

To: "Charlie & Ressie O'Connors" <charlieoc@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Another Question on Pistons
From: Dave & M <rusd@velocitus.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2006 18:49:32 -0700
Hi Charlie,

Due to the wide range of possible piston configurations & materials
used, it is very important to get the piston manufacturers specific
recommendations. The manual may have been correct for the original
pistons, but not the new ones. Correct clearances can vary quite a bit
from type to type. I've never heard of a retailer not knowing the
correct clearances or not being willing to give the manufacturers
contact info. Be persistent.  A guess is not likely to be satisfactory.
If nothing better, go with the machinist's best guess.

Dave Russell
BN2