'48 TR1800

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: '48 TR1800
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 14:51:03 -0500
== british-cars at autox.team.net supported in part by Fat Chance Garage
==    http://fatchancegarage.com

My dad was draining the rear end fluid on our '48 TR1800 last weekend and
said he found a large chunk of metal in the differential case.  So we
pulled the diff. out yesterday.  I was expecting to find some teeth broken
off the Ring gear.  But all looks fine!  We didn't see any real indication
of damage to the ring or pinion gears.  However, to inspect the planetary
gears we'll have to disassemble the entire diff.

Anyone have any info./specs. on doing the job?  The shop manual says, to
return the old one to the factory for a replacement one.  And I don't think
that's an option any longer. :)

I don't know anything about this unit.  So any info would be helpful.

TIA

John

Phone:  (757) 495-8229

                       65 Rambler Classic