Vancouver

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Vancouver
From: Ric Johnson <johnsonr@dwx.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 01:27:16 -0500
Joe Mansfield (who I haven't chatted with in years!) wrote:
>I'm planning a trip to Vancouver mid August----is anyone aware of any events
>or good museums in that area

It's been years since I've been there but one of the highlights of one of
my visits was discovering a book shop named Wilkinson's Automobilia.
Fantastic assortment of motoring and racing books and magazines both new
and used. I found several out of print books I'd been looking for for ages.
At the time I was there the owner was restoring a Lotus Elite in the back
room of the shop alongside an OSSA Mick Andrews Trials Replica. He actually
wasn't intending to be open the day I visited, but there seemed to be some
activity inside and when I knocked on the door he most graciously invited
me in. Well worth searching out!

Ric Johnson
Des Moines, Iowa