My Modern LBC Clone

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: My Modern LBC Clone
From: Diane & Roland Dudley <csx2282@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 17:56:46 -0700
Earlier this year my wife started getting on me about replacing the mini
van we bought back in '87 when our
kids were still young and living at home.  She wanted me to get something
smaller that didn't guzzle so much
gas.  So I complied, but I did the picking.  What I got was a Mazda
Miata.  Well, I did have to
compromise and get an automatic transmission so she could drive it too.
Oh well.  She did make comments
about me going through a mid life thing, etc.  But as I pointed out, I'm
well past mid life, though I didn't insist
that it was an end of life thing.

I  got it because of its LBC like handling and feel.  But it's also nice
to have something that has modern car
reliability, a heater that heats, and a top that doesn't leak in the
rain. It even has air conditioning, which was
a requirement for the automatic transmission option.  Since I drive it
every day, it's also nice to know I'm not
wearing out my collector car.

My real  reason for posting this is to find out if anyone on the list
knows whether there is a Miata list similar
to this one?  I prefer an email list to a web based discussion group.

Thanks,

Roland