Gauge Lights

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Gauge Lights
From: Jay Peterson <sfm081@rain.org>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 20:10:03 -0800
I am finally completing the dash on my 56 Ace and have found that I am
missing a way to get the lights mounted so that they illuminate the face
of the gauges. The gauges I have do not have an integrated light, but
instead need to have a light mounted to the strap that holds the gauge
into the dash. I have found one strap with the light mount but still
need 3 more. Does anyone have a source for for these mounts? I have
tried the Moss catalogs and they show as not available and have called
Nisonger, but they do not stock them. As a last resort I am sure I can
make a bracket for each light that will work, but it would be nice to
find the right thing. On a related note, when looking through my pile of
gauges and wiring, I came across a Tach and Speedo that I have no need
for. I was told they were from an early '60s Jaguar (I never verified
that) and believe them to be complete and functional although I have
never checked them out. The Tach also has a clock and is numbered
RV7403/00 and has a cable that goes to the clock and the speedo also has
a cable for the trip odometer reset and is numbered SN6317/08. Overall
their condition is good although the Bezels need a repaint. If anyone is
interested in them please e-mail me directly. I am also looking for a
fuel gauge number FG2530/21 so a trade would definitely be considered.
Thanks in adavance for any help any one can offer.
Jay Peterson