Re: Light Tan Fuzzy Seal

To: "Todd Bermudez" <red_tr250@hotmail.com>, british-cars@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: Light Tan Fuzzy Seal
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@MGAguru.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 20:38:12 -0600
At 02:48 PM 11/21/03 -0500, Todd Bermudez wrote:

>I'm a Triumph TR250 owner with a problem.  .... inability to source a
>fuzzy door seal in LIGHT TAN.  This would be the type of fuzzy seal that's
>a fuzzy seal with an integrated rubber seal that's installed in around the
>door frames of our LBCs. ....

I have several yards of this tan stuff in my posession that I am about to
install on my MGA.  This is the correct item with the soft foam rubber seal
lip that lets your door close properly, not the stuff with the rubber hose
attached that won't let the door close at all.  It also has an integral
metal spine that grips securely onto the spot weld flange around the door
opening, so no other clips are required (just finisher caps for the
ends).  I don't know enough about TRs to know if this is correct for your
application (but I have a hunch).  I bought it from Clarke Spares and
Restorations 2 years ago, because it had not been available form any other
source I know of for decades.

Check here: http://www.clarkespares.com/doorseals.html
Currently $125 plus shipping for the roadster length set.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
http://MGAguru.com