RE: Bugeye brakes

To: <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Bugeye brakes
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 08:39:16 -0700
> Could this be caused by the piston in the master
> cylinder not being allowed to return all the way back to the end
> cap of the master cylinder where the push rod enters the master cylinder?

Yep, exactly.  Try cracking the fitting right at the MC outlet, to be
certain it's not something funky with the line between the MC and the 4-way;
but the piston in the MC not returning all the way is the most likely cause.
Since you've obviously checked the spring inside the MC, I'd guess either
the pushrod is too long or the pedal is hanging up and not returning fully.

Randall