Re: Valve cover racing info

To: KTnKT <ktnkt@cape.com>, 6 Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Valve cover racing info
From: Bob Hamilton <hamilton@accesswave.ca>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2003 10:16:11 -0300
Hi Kevin,

We are having a valve cover race this coming weekend at the British Car
Days Across the Bridge in Prince Edward Island.

Here are the rules as per the B.M.A.P.E.I. web site
(http://www.bmapei.com/days03.htm):

>Valve Cover Racing
>
>Rules - Adapted from the Cumberland Car Club, Amherst, Nova Scotia:
>1) height - maximum 12 inches
>2) width - maximum 10 inches
>3) length - maximum 30 inches
>4) weight - maximum 30 pounds as per official scale at the event
>5) stock valve cover gasket surface must be maintained
>6) wheels must be non-adjustable, non-movable on either the chassis or cover
>7) one valve cover per chassis (switching cover or chassis not permitted)
>8) nothing may be mounted forward of the cover or chassis
>9) no moving weights during the actual race
>10) no engine or propulsion of any kind permitted.
>
>Note: In the middle and junior eliminator classes it is intended that the
>valve covers maintain their original size, shape, and silhouette. In the
>top eliminator class, the cover may be modified so long as the basic rules
>are met. Judge's discretion is final; no appeals allowed.
>
>Classes:
>Top, Middle, and Junior eliminator.
>
>Track description: 32 feet in length, descending 24 feet at 12.5% grade
>with an 8 foot run out to a foam rubber stop. Starting height is 3 feet.
>Two lanes side by side with a lane divider and sides (don't worry if your
>alignment is out!). Starting is done by means of a simultaneous flip up gate.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Bob

At 08:34 AM 7/8/2003 -0400, KTnKT wrote:
>   Greetings all,
>     would anyone happen to have a general outline of rules for British
>valve cover races?
>   We're planning on having them at this years British Legends Weekend,
>October 11-13, in Falmouth, Ma.  (great plug, eh?)
>   I'd like the basic information as to maximum length, width, height,
>weight, etc.
>   Thanks,
>Kevin Thompson
>Cape Cod British Car Club
>Get info on the club and it's activities at
>http://www.capecodbritishcarclub.org/

>///  Send admin requests to majordomo@autox.team.net
>///  or try  http://www.team.net/cgi-bin/majorcool
>///  Archives at http://www.team.net/archive
>///  Send list postings to british-cars@autox.team.net

Robert (Bob) A.C. Hamilton, Waverley, Nova Scotia, Canada
Home Page: www.accesswave.ca/~hamilton
Sunbeam Talbots - Alpine, Drophead and Saloon, 1953-1954
Sunbeam Talbot Web Page: www.sunbeamtalbot.info
[Stable mates - 1973 Midget and 1968 M-B 280SE]
E-Mail: hamilton@accesswave.ca or robertach@ca.inter.net