RE: Modernizing Old British Cars

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Modernizing Old British Cars
From: Mike Rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 14:07:33 -0800
  And sometimes, the old motors just are not available, I am restoring my
34 Singer and I tried, I really tried to find a rebuildable motor for it,
the old one was beyond repair with the crank in 2 pieces, a hole in the
block where the crank had gone and cracks in the head and water jackets.

   One will become available someday and I will get an original motor then
in the meantime, I am putting in Spridget motor of about the same CC's and
will enjoy the car on the road.  I chose the Spridget motor because the UK
Singer owners have brackets to fit that motor that require no
drilling/cutting at all on the Singer Chassis so it really can go back to
original.

   The car will be hopefully more reliable which means i will drive it more
often and it will be on the road.  We don't all replace motors in our
British cars to make them into hot rods, sometimes its save the car albeit
with a different motor or scrap it.

    Mike

~~~~~ I'd rather be sailing and  ~~~ .oooO  Oooo.  ~~~~~~~~~~~
Mike Rambour                                   (    )  (     )
Bug Writer er...Programmer                \   )   (   /
      mikey@b2systems.com                  \_)  (_/