Re: Hindustan Ambassador in the UK

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Hindustan Ambassador in the UK
From: Britcarcom@aol.com
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 16:45:57 EDT
Actually I bet there *are* at least a handful of Ambassadors  in the U.K.
Some importer in the late 80s or early 90s tried to import them into the U.K.
as a kind of sub-Lada class cheap family saloon.

CAR magazine wrote one of the nastiest, and funniest, articles I've ever read
about road testing the thing -- apparently it scared even hardened automotive
writers. That probably killed the project.

IIRC, those vehicles had been EU-ized, so perhaps a handful of them are still
around.

As for the USA, believe it or not, a lister actually sent me an image of a
white Ambassador at a British car show in the midwest. So there is at least
ONE here ... and I'm trying desperately to track it down.

best, jv.

John Voelcker