Re: Looking for Toolkit for AH 3000 MK III

To: gschwend@justice.com
Subject: Re: Looking for Toolkit for AH 3000 MK III
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@scs.agilent.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 07:50:40 -0800 (PST)
I've often wondered what the persons who kept these tools ever did with
them.  I bought two cars from their original owners (an AH 30000 and an
AC Cobra) within a couple of year of their production, both had low
mileage, both with most of the factory supplied tools missing, though
the Healey did have some of the items in Martin's list.  The people I
bought them from didn't strike me as ever wanting to own a another
British car.

I do have one comment about the Healey jack Martin might want to keep in
mind.  One cold snowy day at around 2 AM, my AH 3000 got a flat.  What a
surprise it was to discover that the factory suppled jack would not fit
under the car with a deflated tire.

Also, I thought the Thor hammer was copper and hide.  Or was there more
than one type?  However, do go with a lead hammer.  The copper hammer
I used to use really did a job the snake's original knock-offs.

Roland