Speedvision now Speed Channel (sniff)

Subject: Speedvision now Speed Channel (sniff)
From: "Glen Wilson" <rstca@hemmings.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 22:27:30 -0500
Let's shed a tear for the old Speedvision.  It has been replaced by the new
Speed Channel.

It has been bought by Fox and is now HEAVILY biased toward NASCAR.  I'm a
NASCAR fan myself, but one of the best things about Speedvision was its
coverage of the Speedvision Touring Series, the BTCC, the Australian V8
supercar series, the motorcycle racing and even that crazy Australia-based
thing where they race back and forth in a little road course in tiny 400hp
boats (you can keep all of the other boat stuff).  I fear that most of this
will disappear.  I hope some other channel starts up to supply this sort of
thing.

Glen