RE: MGB competition clutch?

To: "'A. B. Bonds'" <ab@vuse.vanderbilt.edu>, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: MGB competition clutch?
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 15:44:00 -0800
For street use the stock Borg & Beck clutch set will handle a warmed over
engine without a problem.  If you are planning on speedshifting, then a
clutch disc with heavier springs might be a good idea, the stock one will
get loose springs after a while.  Clamping force of the stock clutch cover
is fine.  For full race use a heavier cover and is a good idea to reduce
slippage and heat upon engagement.  For street use this just works out your
leg and causes the throw out bearing and thrust washers to wear out sooner.

Kelvin Dodd