SU rebush

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: SU rebush
From: "A. B. Bonds" <ab@vuse.vanderbilt.edu>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 16:02:47 -0600
I'm fixing (as they say in the South) to re-bush some HS6 carbies and have
a coupla questions:

(1)  I see that the original carbs do have bronze bushes cast into the
aluminum.  Are these purely cylindrical, i.e., can they be pressed out with
some judicious carving of the surrounding aluminum, or do they have to be
drilled out?

(2) If the latter, what is the correct distance from the mounting surface
to the center of the throttle shaft hole?  Looks to be something like
0.575", but it's hard to measure, there is some slop.

(3)  Anyone have any experience with the Moss replacement bushes?

A. B. Bonds