Re: Looking for Used Talbot Mirror

To: cobra@scs.agilent.com
Subject: Re: Looking for Used Talbot Mirror
From: Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 08:02:42 -0700
Thanks Roland.  Actually, I was hoping to find a used one and save the
money.  For what it's worth, my dad found convex ones for his Tiger.  Also,
I'm told that the US made ones are better than the ones made elsewhere, but
cost about the same.

Jay

                    Roland Dudley

                    <cobra@scs.ag        To:     Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com

                    ilent.com>           cc:     british-cars@autox.team.net

                                         Subject:     Re: Looking for Used
Talbot Mirror
                    10/04/2001

                    06:30 AM

Jay,

You can buy new Talbot mirrors, but they're very pricey:

    http://www.talbotco.com

Lotsa suppliers sell Talbot-like chrome bullet mirrors, Moss being one,
for much much less.  I have a couple of 4 1/8" (I think- I know they're
a bit over 4") on my snake.

My only complaint is that I couldn't find one with a convex mirror for
the passenger's side.  I ended up grinding down the mirror in one of
those cheapie 4 1/4" convex mirrors you can buy at many auto parts
stores and swapping it in for the flat passenger side mirror.

BTW, there is a Talbot 4" convex mirror, but it cost nearly $300.

Roland

> I'm looking for a used Talbot mirror, not FOR a Talbot, but MADE BY
Talbot.