Re: Amber Brake Lights

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Amber Brake Lights
From: Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 08:06:22 -0700
Marc wrote:

>No, I have definitely seen it before. In
>fact lots of European cars had amber brake
>lights, which IMHO had to do with the fact
>that up until the fifties most
>card used semaphores for indicators.

Thanks!  Well, I guess now I need to decide if I should leave the ambers
on, risking a fix-it ticket since I figure Calif. requires brake lights to
be red, or take them off because anyone behind me will think that my brake
lights are wired wrong - then again, perhaps it will be more alerting to
someone to see something other than red lighting up.  I'm still thinking
that Marchal spotlight pointing out my rear window should be enough  ;-)

Jay