Running out of gas

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Running out of gas
From: Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 15:53:19 -0700
Bruce wrote:

>I've been enjoying tooling
>around in the TR7, except when
>it ran out of gas because the fuel gauge was
>stuck at the halfway point.

Reminds me of the time when I truly was testing my Alpine's fuel gauge.  I
ran out of gas.  I had put new gas in (that I was intentionally carrying in
the trunk).  I had my engine hood (bonnet) open and was pumping the manual
gas pump which is on an Alpine fuel pump.  Some guy hung out of a pick up
and yelled "you should've had a V8"  Of course, if I did have a Tiger, I
would have run out of gas that much sooner!

Jay