Re: The Commer Has Landed, or, BFH Revisited (long)

To: "jon" <humber_snipe@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: The Commer Has Landed, or, BFH Revisited (long)
From: John McEwen <mmcewen@ualberta.ca>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 15:16:39 -0700
Hello Jon:

After reading this tale of woe I was reminded of an old Tom Lehrer song,
the title of which seems appropriate, "The Masochism Tango".  I suppose one
could recite a whole load of cute sayings but as you know in the old car
game - "In for a penny in for a pound".

You will have a rare and unusual vehicle which will be quite outstanding
everywhere it goes and so far you haven't spent a fortune for it.  You may
have shortened your natural lifespan through stress, but on the whole the
satisfaction of the thing should put the years back on again.  Good luck on
your endeavours and remember not to restore the thing to be a garage queen
- make it work, look good, and be useful.

John