TR7 BFH#43 - Lucas CEI

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net, british-cars@autox.team.net,
Subject: TR7 BFH#43 - Lucas CEI
From: Eganb@aol.com
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2001 21:10:16 EST
I'm missing the vacuum unit on my TR7's distributor.  It is a Lucas CEI unit,
not the Opus unit, which means that the electronic module is mounted to the
firewall and not to the dizzy.  The dizzy has two numbers stamped on it,
41811A  and 45DM.

I'm pretty sure this vacuum unit is for retarding the timing, and is probably
needed to help get my idling down below 1,400 RPM.

So, for those of you who think "recycle" like me, anybody got a spare vacuum
unit for this model dizzy?  Also looking for the anti-flash cover.

And for those of you who cashed in their tech stocks before the fall and are
currently feeling flush, what replacement dizzy's do you like?  I see Crane's
mentioned a fair amount.

As always, thanks.

Bruce
1980 Inca Yellow TR7 5-speed convertible
Chapel Hill, NC