RE: advice on heat in cockpit of bj8

To: <BROWNING_G_WILLIAM@Lilly.com>, <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: advice on heat in cockpit of bj8
From: "Charley Robinson" <charleyrob@bigfoot.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 13:11:33 -0500
I insulated the entire floor and firewall of my MGTF with fiberglass water
heater insulation. It was very effective and makes an amazing difference in
the summer time. I did the entire floor (the exhaust on the TF runs under
the passenger seat), using the rugs as a template for cutting the fiberglass
blanket. It wasn't too difficult and took about a day to remove the seats
and carpets, tape in the insulation, sealing the seams with duct tape, and
then reinstall the seats. It was well worth the effort. The only drawback is
that the fiberglass blanket is somewhat bulky. There are insulation
materials available for this procedure that would be much thinner and easier
to install (I think JC Whitney carries some), but the water heater blanket
is cheap and I think it has a higher "R" value than the alternatives.

Whatever you use, you won't regret having done it.

Cheers!
Charley Robinson
1954 MGTF