TR7 BFH#34

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net, british-cars@autox.team.net,
Subject: TR7 BFH#34
From: Eganb@aol.com
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 12:24:48 EST
The clutch saga continues.  I managed to separate the transmission from the
engine with said engine still in car.  however the minute i got it off i
realized there was no way in heck i could line it back up for
re-installation.  so, what the heck, we pulled the engine out, which of
course is much easier when the tranny isn't attached.

then i sat in the engine bay and man-handled the transmission up and out as
well.  as suspected, the clutch lever had popped off the fulcrum pin.  in
retrospect, when the rod was jammed against the engine backplate, i should
have used a screwdriver to push slowly against the clutch lever to release
the pressure on the rod.  by popping the rod free with hammer and
screwdriver, the pressure plate probably pushed the throwout bearing back
quickly, causing the clutch lever to pop off since it didn't have any
resistance from the clutch rod, since the slave cylinder wasn't attached.

so, the plan is to reattach tranny and engine tonight and try slipping it
back in again.  And I'll double check the clutch parts to make sure I didn't
leave packing clips or something else in there!.....

Bruce
1980 Inca Yellow TR7 Convertible
Chapel Hill, NC