Re: Worth The Price?

To: Jim & Ann Brown <thebrowns@pdq.net>
Subject: Re: Worth The Price?
From: F Underwood <funder77@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 13:13:07 -0500
This almost invades the sanctums of religion and politics, regarding the
'worth' of a vehicle and the costs that are put into them. I honestly
have not kept a ledger of what I have spent on my Ford. But I don't
really look at it as money spent or the worth of the Ford but rather,
what have I become as a result of it.
I have traveled to parts of the world that I probably would not have
done otherwise. I have made acquaintances with people I would not have
otherwise met. I have developed skills that I would not have otherwise
learned.
I too, own a car that most people don't know what it is, or that it even
existed. It does not have much of a market value. But at the time that I
was looking for a 'project' it was available at a price that I could
afford.

As far as dollars and cents, I started at $500 for acquisition of the
Ford. Since that time, which by the way now exceeds 12 years, I have
bought parts, tools, materials and most recently, construction of a
workshop. These costs have now exceeded $20,000.

And yes, I have thought that perhaps I should have had a different model
or a different marque, but I have still proceeded with the same quality
and passion towards my hobby regardless of marque!

cheers,

--
Frank U
59 Ford Consul MKII 'lowline' convertible