Re: Different colors on spokes

To: Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Different colors on spokes
From: "" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2000 21:36:56 GMT
>From: Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com
>To: british-cars@autox.team.net
>Subject: Different colors on spokes
>Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 13:48:00 -0700
>
>Greg writes:
>
> >Hey has anyone considered paintin their wheels body color or a nice
> >contrasting color e.g. BRG body/Navy Blue wheels? With the chrome
> >knock off it could look really cool!

    Before I opted for Panasports for the "Greenman", I toyed with
    getting 76 spoke wires to replace the steel wheels that came with
    my TR4. If I did, I was going to paint the wire wheels either body
    color, ala the Prewar Bentleys. or black, like the Morgan painted
    the same way I saw in a British Car magazine... I believe the car
    was called "The Black Watch" and, if memory serves, was upholstered
    in Black Watch Tartan cloth.

    Unfortunately, it was before I was connected with the "list" and
    plan to get hub adaptors, wheels, knock offs, and tires was too
    expensive a move. The Panasports with tires were much cheaper. In
    the long haul I'm glad I went the route I did.

http://profiles.msn.com.