Re: Jaguar/Daimler???

To: "Glen Wilson" <rstca@hemmings.com>,
Subject: Re: Jaguar/Daimler???
From: "Neil Sherry" <sherry@invention-machine.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 14:00:12 +0100
The ribbing is only applied to Daimler badged versions.

There has not been a unique Daimler for a while now - the last was the
limousine which I think went out of production about five years ago. Prior
to that there was the Daimler Majestic Major which ceased in 1968 and the
SP250 sports (aka Dart) in 1964.
Those with corresponding Jaguar models were all of the XJ6/12 based cars -
badged as Daimler Sovereign/Double Six, and the preceding Sovereign based on
the Jaguar 420. There was also the Jaguar Mk2 based Daimler V8 engined
saloon between '63 and '69. But really the days of Daimlers being a unique
range ended in about 1960.
The current models are offered as both Jaguars and Daimlers - the external
difference being the frilly edging on the grilles and licence plate
surrounds of the Daimlers. The corresponding parts on the Jaguars are plain.

Neil