Re: stuck bolt on rear MGB spring

To: rfl <rfl@yerkes.uchicago.edu>
Subject: Re: stuck bolt on rear MGB spring
From: Stuart MacMillan <macmillan@home.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 14:56:38 -0700
I'm behind on my email obviously, and I'm sure you have solved this
little problem, but in case someone else runs into this, what worked for
me on my '65 was to pry open a 1/4" gap between the body flange and the
spring on the bolt head side and use a cutoff disk on my small angle
grinder to cut the head off.  Then I cut the other side off and dropped
the axle to remove the bushing.

Heat might work, but this is pretty easy, and those bolts really rust
onto the bushing sleeve and it is tough to get a good hammer swing on
them..  Be sure to grease them so this doesn't happen next time!
--
Stuart MacMillan
Seattle

'84 Vanagon Westfalia