Re: ExcalibUr Cars

To: greenman62@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: ExcalibUr Cars
From: Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 07:43:42 -0700
> I hate to be the "correctness police" but if I'm not mistaken
 >Chitty Chity Bang Bang was written by the same fellow that penned the
 >James Bond books... Ian Flemming.

You are 100% right.  Yes, Ian Flemming wrote Chitty.  My BIG mistake, maybe
it's the heat melting my brain.  I knew it for certain.  We have the book -
and that was why I drew the parallels to James Bond movies.  But, on the
car being a Mercedes, I am correct.  It is even mentioned in the
introduction to the book.

I've seen"Those Daring Young Men and their Jaunty Jalopies" and "Those
Magnificent Men and
Their Flying Machines".  I always liked the movies as a kid.  Years later I
saw them both, actually only about 5 years ago.  I was not so impressed
with Jaunty Jalopies, feeling it was a lesser knock off of the Great Race.
And the Flying Machines was still great, only far longer than I ever
remembered.

Jay.