Re: Lotus Elite question

To: Mark the Shark <markie@gte.net>
Subject: Re: Lotus Elite question
From: rod farnsworth <farnsworthr@nucleus.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 17:36:47 -0600
Mark,  This one looks fine but the question remains why the person restoring it
apparently spent a lot of money on a car that's not a collectible Lotus. For a
drive, i'd say go for it but don't expect too much on resale.
Now if you dropped in a V8 it would transform the car. I've read a road test
somewhere in the distant past where a Rover/Buick was used. Acceleration
dramatically improved.  The Chassis can take it by the way.  The 907 engine is
a fine engine but its too under powered for the Elite at 2300 lbs. I don't
think the Delorto's will make that much difference unless the engine's
breathing was improved.

My two pennies worth  Rod.