RE: Sports Cars, 4X4s

To: "'Highlndr@aol.com'" <Highlndr@aol.com>, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Sports Cars, 4X4s
From: "Scheuble, Fred J., HiServ/NA" <fjscheuble@hiserv-na.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 09:19:50 -0400
no, at 17 I owned a 57 lincoln Mark 1

-----Original Message-----
From: Highlndr@aol.com [mailto:Highlndr@aol.com]
Sent: Monday, June 12, 2000 6:57 PM
To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Sports Cars, 4X4s

Some SUV owners are wannabe's and some are not. Just as I have been cut off
by the boy racer types in their sports cars, I have had the odd run in with
the stereo typical SUV owner. A few tend to ruin it for the whole.
I own a 1960 frogeye that has been modified (1275 cc, cammed, tubular sway
bars disk brakes, etc) for performance and autocross competitions. Great fun

as a canyon carver, not much fun on the freeway. I also have an old 1989
Chevy Blazer with air lockers on both ends. I love to go diving in the
remote
areas of Mexico, and the vehicle serves this function very well as it is
able
to haul 800 lbs of camping and diving gear easily within, with kayaks up on
top. I've broken many a driveline part trying to get to that lonely white
sanded beach! There is nothing like hiking out for two days to the nearest
gravel road, with two mangled drive shafts to add adventure to your vacation

(I carry one spare each now!)
My point is, I happen to like both styles, sports cars and SUVs. Both groups

have their wanna be's and both have true enthusiats.
 Although I also own a 2000 Lincoln Continental (at age 42, I'm probably the

youngest Lincoln driver on the planet) used for business, I can still
chuckle
at the sight of a Lincoln Navigator (off road wannabe)!
Mike
Famous Last Words while camping:
I wonder where the mother bear is?
What duck?