Spridget round-arch for sale in Twin Cities Minnesota

To: <autox.mn@visi.com>
Subject: Spridget round-arch for sale in Twin Cities Minnesota
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 23:11:18 -0500
Spridget round-arch for sale in Twin Cities Minnesota USA.

I have decided not to pursue this car.  I have my hands full with the Lotus
and with home-improvement stuff.  It needs very little to be a nice-weather
driver.  It needs a lot to be concours, but that's not out of the question.

1973 MG Midget

$2800 or Best Offer

telephone 952-440-4191

What looks like orignal orange paint with a couple of non-standard tape
stripes.  Pretty much rust-free.   Scratched front fenders from clutch
change.

Steel Rostyle wheels.  Tires are ordinary radials that look like a proper
size for the stock 4.5" wheels.  No, I didn't look at the size or brand.
They appeared near-new.

Some of the electrics are not working, all seem atributible to the steering
column area.

Clutch and brakes feel fine, but at the end of my test drive, I had stains
on my trousers.  NO, NO; down by the cuffs.  Looks like brake fluid to me,
although I suppose it could be oil from a bad pressure-gauge line.  Either
way, I hope the stain-stick works, or I have a nice pair of khaki shop
pants...

Car drives OK.  No terrifying looseness anywhere.  I didn't bounce all the
corners looking for dry shocks.

Engine seems strong.  The syncro going up from first to second seems a mite
slow.  I didn't ask what kind of oil is in the gearbox.  Owner says there is
a fresh cylender head with hardened seats for unleaded fuel.  He says that
unlike his wife's favorite 1971 Midget, this one runs very well on ordinary
unleaded premium.

The white soft top is very good but has one 2-inch spot at the bottom of the
right quarter window where the clear plastic has come unglued from the
vinyl.

Call the phone number above and talk to Dennis if you care to pursue this
car.  I have no financial interest, etc, but I could be pursuaded to look at
specifics of the car in the event any out-of-town folks have any interest.