'71 Midget & '60 bugeye for sale

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: '71 Midget & '60 bugeye for sale
From: wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu (Will Zehring)
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 1995 09:07:58 +0500
Fellow fiends:

I'm posting this for a friend sans net access: two cars for sale

He has a 1971 Midget for sale.  I have seen this car once and it appears to
be in excellent condition; an ideal car for a low cost restoration.  The car
appears to be complete and is, to the best of my inspection, virtually rust
free.  I don't imagine the restorer would need to do much body work at all,
just a strip and re-paint.  The interior is tatty, as they say, but again,
the dash etc is complete.  Wire wheels, if memory serves.  Bright work aged
but deffinately servicable.  Will need new top (at least rear window).  All
electrics work.  Engine starts.  Original blue exterior.

The car is located in suburban Detroit.  It was brought here from California
last summer by the owner.  He is asking in the mid-3000$ range.  Hint: he is
re-locating to Calif. this coming spring/summer and is anxious to sell.  I
don't think he wants to ship it *back* to CA.

Again, my impression of the car is very favorable; I think it would be a
good car for someone looking for an easy (first) restoration, someone
looking for a fun low cost lbc to get into.

He also has a '60 bugeye for sale, also in Detroit.  This car would be a
much more involved restoration than the '71.  It has rust in all the ususal
places but is reported to have a bonnet in excellent condition and to be, in
general, complete (948 engine, original gauges, drum brakes, etc.).  For
what its worth, the indicated mileage is around 20K.  I don't know much
about the history of this car other than that the owner believes that 20K is
correct.  Don't ask me why.  Disk wheels.  I have not seen this car, but
brood over it constantly.  I've thought of getting this car myself but am
hedging at the thought of another project just now.  He is asking in the
neighborhood of 1000$ for it, and will negotiate a 'package' for the pair.
If I had storage, I'd smap this one up for a later project.

Please contact him directly:   Stuart Rigler  at (810) 589-9026  Don't post
back to me because I've told you all I know.  Please contact him directly,
even though he works odd hours.  This number (his home) has an answering
machine.

As usual, all the following applies:  Buyer beware.  I have no stake in the
sale of either car.  Don't count your chickens.  No gurantee stated or
implied.  He who hesitates...  etc...

Will "But sugarbabe sweetiepie honeypot squigilums sweetsox tootsie wootsie
woman-for-whom-I've-forsaken-all-others, sure there's room in the garage for
it!  Right over there, next to the..." Zehring