Re: TR4 seat refurbishing

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR4 seat refurbishing
From: Charles.Y.Farwell@att.com
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 1995 13:18:09 -0700

> Now I have to somehow make the wooden tack strips.  Did you have to do this?

        I haven't done it yet, but I imagine i will have to. I was
        planing on just bandsawing some plywood.

> Where'd you get the hairloc pads and how much did they cost?  I was just
> going to try using foam and cotton batting for pads.

        From TRF for $110. However I just looked and saw VB has them for
        $75 =-(.

> Misery loves company.
> Scott Tilton

        Glad to have company - good luck to both of us!

Charlie Farwell
1962 TR4 #CT3852L

        PS. TeriAnn - thanks for the description of your TR3 seat work.
        Mine are the early TR4 seats (identical to the 3A, i think), so
        the technique should be the same.