RE: Trip to the U.K.

To: tooze@vinny.cecer.army.mil
Subject: RE: Trip to the U.K.
From: dan parslow <DJP@ALPHA.SUNQUEST.COM>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 1995 10:28:06 -0700 (MST)
Marcus writes:

> The motorways don't take you right into
> the center of cities like in the states.....and if they do (eg. the M4
> and M40 in London, the traffic will be backed up for 5 or 10 miles).

I avoided this on my last trip by making London my last stop before
coming home to the US.  I drove into Heathrow and ditched the car
at the rental^H^H^H^H^H^H hire service and took the tube into London.
Who wants a car in London anyway?  I was very happy using public
transport the whole time.  In fact, I wouldn't recommend using a car
in any major UK city, except perhaps at night.

- Dan