Re: Value of a '74 MGB

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Value of a '74 MGB
From: marrone@optilink.dsccc.com (Frank_Marrone)
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 1995 16:34:34 -0800
I sold a '73 about 5 years ago (prices were perhaps a bit higher then than now)
for $1100.  Ran OK, bad clutch, smog intact, top and interior like yours, rust
free, moderate to severe damage to drivers rear.  The $1100 included the body
panels needed to fix the damage.  The guy I sold it to replaced the clutch and
turned it quick for $1500!!  The second buyer was very impressed with the
overall condition of the body besides the obvious collision damage.

In my opinion the body condition is #1.  Most of us can do the mechanical work,
far fewer can do body repairs.  If I was in the market I'd jump at the chance
to buy your car for $1000, blue smoke and all.  Depending on how good the body
really is I might even go $1500.  I'd say try $1500, remember that the blue
smoke will scare off quite a few potential buyers but it's worth a try!

Take "don't sell" advice to heart!!  I was very sorry I sold mine when I did.
 Like I said I'm not really in the market right now but would you consider a
'66 Cadillac in trade?  Heck I'll even throw in a '52 Chevy that doesn't have a
motor!!

--
Frank Marrone at marrone@optilink.dsccc.com
1965 Sunbeam Tiger B9471116