Restoring MGB/C floorboards

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Restoring MGB/C floorboards
From: rothman@lsdev.stortek.com (Dave Rothman)
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 95 15:14:53 MST
Anyone have some advice on how to go about restoring
floorboards in a '69 C-GT ? . I removed the sound deadening
and the boards are rusted through on the outside edges along
the inner rails on drivers and passenger sides and across
the floorboard about even with the incline that the seat
gets mounted on.

I see that they are fairly inexpensive in Victoria British
catalog.

1) Must I remove the body to do this ?
2) What type of welding? is required ?
3) I have budgeted for a a paint job (interior and all exterior
   fixtures have been removed) Anyone know of a shop that
   will treat me reasonably for both rust and paint ?

The inner rails are mostly OK, but the bottom rails are
rusted out in front.

I am in the Denver area - does anyone know of a reasonable
shop that will do this work ?

  Love this net... Dave Rothman '69 MGC/GT (my 2nd C and 1st love)