re: Goliath - B-29

To: BRITISH-CARS@AUTOX.TEAM.NET
Subject: re: Goliath - B-29
From: Colin Brace <BRACEC@A1.MGH.HARVARD.EDU>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 1995 11:01:00 -0500 (EST)
          Ray,
               A Goliath, my condolences. Manufactured in (then) West Germany
          by Borgward, also made the Lloyd. They went belly-up circa 1961.

          Terry,
               If there is any interest, I'll post to the WW-2 list about
          Crosley engines in B-29's. If the surplus engines showed up in
          Europe, they most likely were not out of '29's, because there was
          only one B-29 in Europe during WW-2, and that was only to be parked
          at a base in England so Abwher agents would see it.

          LBC content - replacing drivers side floor in the B. What fun.

          Colin      WA1KWA

          bracec@a1.mgh.harvard.edu

          74 MGB
          73 BMW 3.0s