Re: my most obscure car...

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: my most obscure car...
From: weverka@drip.colorado.edu (Robert T. Weverka)
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 1995 08:28:29 -0600
W. Ray Gibbons wrote:

>How about a "the most obscure car I've owned thread?" A Crosley is pretty
>good, but from about 59-61 I had a '58 Goliath, which I would say trumps a
>47 Crosley.  Everybody is familiar with the Goliath, right?

I don't know if this trumps, but...
  My Grandfather (Gough Industries) was the sole importer of the
Morris Oxford.
  This was my first car, My parents got it new in the year of my
birth, and I got it when I was 16.
  The '61 Morris Oxford had features that would look good even today,
 Leather upholstry, sem-automatic choke (you pull the knob out,
and it slowly ratchets back in),
hand pumped windsheild washer spritzer (No Lucas problems here),
back-up hand-crank starter (for when the Lucas starter goes).
  (ok, so some of these features would look good only to
   the used British car owner)

This was my only British car so far, but my wife and I went
to Stewart's Ferrari of Denver this weekend to look at their
used RR.  They had a nice Corniche, unfortunately it is out
of my price range.  There was an older Silver Cloud that was
within reach, but I didn't like the looks.  Seriously, these
cars on the used market can come down to below new Japanese
car prices (Accords and such) and I will buy one before I get
a new Accord.

Anyone out there use a Rolls as a daily driver?

-Ted