Re: Austin Sprite Engine swap...

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Austin Sprite Engine swap...
From: RicJohnson@aol.com
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 1995 10:34:49 -0500
Kevin Walsh writes: "I have a '69 and was considering using a 2.3L Ford, or
maybe even a 3.8L Buick V6..."

If you really are determined to put non-original power under the hood of your
Sprite I'd suggest also taking a look at the Mazda rotary.  There are a
number of Spridget/RX  conversions competing in Mod class in SCCA Solo II
across the country, and I think you'd find that the compact size and weight
of that package would offer a number of advantages over the units you are
currently considering.  I don't know of anyone who makes a kit for this
conversion, but I have seen several of these cars competing and they are
QUITE quick.

Ric Johnson
Safety Fast!