Re: Crosley Hot Shot

To: RLDesign@aol.com
Subject: Re: Crosley Hot Shot
From: "W. Ray Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 1995 12:20:56 -0500 (EST)
On Mon, 9 Jan 1995 RLDesign@aol.com wrote:

> My guess is he's confusing the Hotshot with the King Midget, which was >not<
> styled by...heck, the King wasn't styled at all.
>
> --Roger

That could be.  It brings to mind something I noticed recently.  A car
mag, I think it was Special Interest Autos, did an article on King Midgets
a couple of months ago.  One of the cars featured was a very early KM,
which looks like a miniature TQ midget race car.  This month, the featured
car is in Hemmings, for sale for $12000.  Imagine.  Asking $12 large for a
"car" that is little more than a street-legal go kart.  I wonder what the
asking price would have been if the car had not been pictured in SIA.  I
shudder every time Krause or somebody makes a prediction that X brand will
triple in value in the next year, especially if X was something I had
hoped to buy.  Ah well, if not for publicity, Madonna would probably be a
waitperson in a steak house.

Ray Gibbons