Re: SU carb bushings

To: BRITISH-CARS@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: SU carb bushings
From: PATRICK KREJCIK <PKR@SLACVM.SLAC.Stanford.EDU>
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 1995 11:48 -0800 (PST)
Tom,
I read your note on bushings and found it very informative so I
filed it away for future reference.
I have often contemplated replacing the carb bushings in my E-Type,
just for good measure. Did you have some test to determine that
your bushings needed replacing? Mine don't seem to have any
mechanical slop. Also, when I spray them with carb cleaner
when the engine is idling I don't notice any change.
By the way, are you on the Jag-Lovers mailing list? I wouldn't
mind cross posting your note there, with your permission, as
I'm sure it would be of interest to other Jaguar owners.
Cheers, Patrick.