MGC Firing Order ...

To: "Scions of Lucas" <British-Cars@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: MGC Firing Order ...
From: "Dave Lapham" <Dave_Lapham@oakqm3.sps.mot.com>
Date: 6 Jan 1995 11:38:25 U
                      MGC Firing Order ...
Okay, I guess the question is moot.  I had suspected that the cam supplier
had erroneously given me a cam for an MGC instead of a Healey.  I called them
and they said the MGC block is about 4 inches shorter than the 6-cylinder
Healeys, and the cams would not fit in the wrong block.  I guess I still have
a problem, probably just off a tooth or two on the gear.  It's time to cease
the scientific approach of measurements and calculations and try the
empirical methods.  This weekend the harmonic balancer and timing cover come
off for a look see.

Dave Lapham    HEALEY@OAKHILL.sps.mot.com     Austin, TX

The careful application of terror is also a form of communication.