Re: Another one runs again...

To: bownes@lucas.emi.com (R.M. Bownes III)
Subject: Re: Another one runs again...
From: Dick Nyquist <dickn@hpspdbc.vid.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 1995 09:52:17 -0800 (PST)
Bob said:|
| Dosen't run worth a darn, but it does run. Now I gotta figure out why,
| it sounds like it's running on 2 cyl and the fuel pump never shuts off.
| I bet that the two are related...

Bob,
I used to worry because the fuel pump in my race car ran all the time and I
used to attribute various tuning problems I was having to it. The answer I
found was that many competition electric fuel pumps are designed to run all
the time. In my case the pump had a settable, internal pressure regulator
that recirculated the excess fuel internally to the pump. The pump runs at a
more or less constant rate. You might check it with a fuel pressure guage.

So unless you are running a street type fuel pump you may have to look further
for the answer to your tuning problems.

regards, Dick Nyquist

p.s. remember those nice new wheels you got me? Rochelle broke an axel in a
hi speed turn (t10 at Sears Pt). By the time the car and the wheel stopped
they were far appart, but along the way they had crossed paths at least once.
The rim is now bent and cracked. Could you send me the name of the folks who
can supply a replacement?   ...thanks