BUREAUCRATS STINK

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: BUREAUCRATS STINK
From: wade@ops.tridom.com (Wade Massengil)
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 95 19:55:33 EST

Greasings abd Lubrications, All...

        Others wrote...

>> We don't have emissions testing in Nova Scotia yet , but I fear it is
>> coming.  The PO of my '72 MGB (a florida car) stripped the car of all
>> emissions control.  The home-made emissions control system sounds good,
>> but watching a program on TV about emissions testing in the US, I
>> remember a comment about a visual check to see that your car has
>> all of the original emissions equipment.  Without the proper parts,
>> (even if your car would pass the pollution tests) they would not pass
>> the car.  Anyone have any insight?
>
>**** Maybe the visual check was a tacit admission that the test was
>not complete.  With a dyno check, I don't see why they couldn't
>drop the ``visual inspection'' requirement.  Of course, I'm not a
>bureaucrat :-).

        >>>rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrip!<<

        The reason they want a 'visual inspection' is because a properly
        tuned engine would pass emisions in a lot of places, especially
        older cars that are granted a more generous testing.

        You could have an early, unique, performance oriented FUN car that
        would only need an anual tune-up to get by the smog test.

        That would be too simple. It would cause no grief to the general
        poplulace. Further, no one would >fear< these faceless pencil-
        grinders who live off the public dole. And a yearly tune up
        makes too much sense.

        Understand? Its really simple if you think about it.

        Wade "Blow into this tube" Massengill

        70 MGB...desmogged...for now.